Vision, mission and values
A mission of excellence
Through our long experience in bakery, we are able to design and manufacture every component of our products ourselves and therefore propose you products and solutions of the highest quality. Our production of bakery products is vertically integrated in the sense that we develop and manufacture our own emulsifiers, enzymes, sourdoughs and yeast extracts - the four building blocks of our improvers and mixes.
Our bakery product range:
- Bread improvers
- Modular ingredient solutions enhancing one functionality
- Bread flavors and sourdoughs
- Active bakery components for an authentic taste : O-tentic
- Bakery mixes
- Margarines and specialty fats
- Enzymes and emulsifiers
- And many more products
Patisserie is part spectacle and part seduction, and a good deal of talent and expertise is required. With our products, clients can easily master the interactions between base, filling and decoration.
Our patisserie product range:
- Cake and sponge mixes
- Custard cream mixes
- French specialty mixes
- Mousse and Bavarois mixes
- Fruit and cream fillings
- Flavoring preparations
- Icings, fudges and ganaches
- Non-dairy toppings
- UHT specialties
- And many other products
Puratos is a specialist in the taste of chocolate. We are passionate about rare chocolates – those with their origins in select places around the world. A full range is available, from 100% organic and fair trade solely made in Belgium Belcolade, to an assortment of locally produced high quality chocolate and nut based fillings for all applications in bakery, patisserie and chocolate.
Our chocolate product range:
- Real Belgian chocolate
- Real chocolate
- Compound chocolate
- Chocolate, cocoa and nut-based fillings
- Pralines and nut pastes
Health and Safety
As a global producer in the food industry, we are committed to guaranteeing the sustainability of our business, with regards to both the environmental and the social aspects of our activities. This is why we have taken a comprehensive and result-oriented sustainability approach.
- To create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all employees at every site around the world.
- To avoid accidents and reduce occupational diseases to a strict minimum.
- To avoid pain, suffering, discomfort of the individual and minimize inefficiencies and extra costs caused for the organization.
- To improve the quality of life at the working place and also help every member of staff take better care of his/her own health and how to improve his/her own lifestyle, and therefore also the quality of his/her personal life.
- We organize trainings, programs and sensitizing campaigns aimed at increasing safety awareness for all staff including interim personnel and third parties (suppliers, contractors, also customers) present on site.
- We train all entities in our organization on how to organize audits in order to screen local processes and installations on possible health and safety hazards.
- We analyze thoroughly the causes of each accident, incident or illness and use them as input for both improvement plans, as well as the safety awareness programs.
- We make sure that all hazards are communicated and dealt with and solved at the best appropriate level. (local, regional, group) (e.g. international investment programs to deal with dust explosion risk (ATEX/OSHA)through dust removing but also to reduce the risk on allergens)
The evolution of the frequency rate (number of accidents with incapacity to work per one million hours worked) and the severity rate (number of days lost due to accidents per 1000 hours lost is the monitor of our health and safety at different levels of the organization.